Tuesday, December 30

A Gnu Year, A New Ewe

Heh.

So it's about that time again, when the denizens of this planet take it upon themselves to do that "resolution" thing for the coming year. So I thought about it, and here's my New Year's Resolution:

1024x768

I was at 640x480 last year, so I thought it was time to upgrade.

I kid, of course. I do wonder though: do people REALLY go through with any goals they set for themselves after maybe a month or so? Do people really lose the weight? On a side note, I should keep an eye on infomercials in January to see how many weight-loss products are being sold. I imagine that with the exception of a few people, the resolution idea is more of a nice thought than any practical application in life.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, and if I am, please let me know.

But, since I'm still of the goofy mind-set, I've decided that since 87% of the U.S. population won't lose the weight, I can make an equally absurd resolution: I'm going to be a better guitarist than Steve Vai by this time in 2004.

Note I said 'better,' not 'weirder.' No one can top that. I mean, the man has his clavicals pierced, for crying out loud.

I should also like to point out, again, that U2 still kicks ass, as does the guy at home with me right now, for taking the time to make me the CDs of the Slane DVD. He is, as I might say, a peach.

Last night witnessed the first, epic rehearsal of Routine 27. I think, even through any cruddy bits we had, we were still better than Nickleback.

Cheery bye.

No comments: