Wednesday, December 3

ACTING!

Ah, so now I feel truly initiated into the world of DeSmet theater: i witnessed my first Fr. Craig "I'm going to rip someone's throat out" moment. Directed towards a mom no less! Whee! Oh yeah, and I got to see a good show. Some memorable lines in a moment. But first...

So I'm walking into the now famous "Emerson lobby," home of...well, that painting of that one lady that would receive offerings of food after lunch my sophomore year, and some other stuff, and I happened to hear another of those "moms" discussing something to this effect:

"...and I was like 'it is NOT sixty cents,' and the girl at the desk said 'but the computer says it's sixty cents.'"

Something along those lines. Regardless, experience told me she was most likely talking about a library fine. Now, of course, the problem here is that this woman was getting worked up over SIXTY CENTS. I mean, jeezo lady, is it that big of a deal? Just pay it! I'm sure you'll find a way to survive. I could say some other things, but I won't.

Anyways, good quotes from "The Butterfingers Angel, Mary and Joseph, Herod the Nut, and the Butchering of 12 Christmas Carols in a Pear Tree." Also known as "TBAMJHtNatBoTCCiaPT."

"They're antideluvian! A hippopotamus is a higher form of human life!"
"It's a census! So sign up by the first of the year. Or it's off with your heads!"
"Every night I pray to God to make me perfect. And every morning, in His infinite wisdom, I wake up a putz."
"Time? Time is what I make. 3/4? 4/4? 7/8? What'll it be?"

Good times. And hey! I'm on the DDP wall of fame! I got my pictures in those snazzy little plaques commemorating each show from the year!

Excelsior!

No comments: