Sunday, February 8

Was it last week? Last month? I don't remember...

No, really.

My brain's a bit jumbled from this weekend.

The Other One has pretty much covered the high points, but let's see if I can fill in some other details.

The LT show on Thursday night was a blast, even if having Beatle Bob doing his...thing off to the side was a bit annoying on some of the more intimate songs. But, I got over it, and was able to enjoy the music. The LT Living Room tour thing is indeed, a wonderful way to experience music. No flash or extraneous nonsense: just two guys, two guitars, and a lot of great music and stories. Paul and Griff are great guys, even if I could only think of "excellent as always" to tell them after the show.

Oh well.

Mississippi Nights kicked serious ass. The setlist was amazing, and very unexpected. I was excited going into it, but had no idea just how much fun I'd have.

So Friday night at Mojo's was just as good, if not better. As noted, I actually talked with Griff, and he remembered me from the night before. Huzzah! And it was great just how appreciative he was with me simply asking when his new album was coming out. Wonderful guy, and he signed my picture AND gave me an idea for a song.

And I talked with Paul. About his hat! Go figure. We got to talking about various things, and he asked if I'd come with friends, and I said I did. He asked where they were, so I showed him, and we was like "well et's go over and say hey."

So we did! He thanked us all for coming, shook all our hands, and gave Tom extra thanks for having seen the Mouth 13 times. And he signed my picture. Great guy.

AND I talked to Will, the Merch Man. And, of course, he was cool. He said he'd put my pictures on the website, and if I had any ideas for t-shirts to send them along. Whee!!!

I didn't talk much to Fred and Mary, although I chatted with Fred online for a few minutes today, and, no surprise, he remembered me.

I love those guys.

I'll have to have a chat with Mary after Rib Fest.

I love those guys and gal.......


And to top it all off, my pictures actually came out! After half a dozen shows, I FINALLY got some good shots.

And, I'm really close to getting my digital camera. And to top it all off, it's a better camera than what I was going to get, for about half the price.


Mmmm....life is good.

After the hecticnessity of this weekend, work is gonna seem like a vacation tomorrow.

cheery bye,
Dave

No comments: