Friday, February 27

Cool No. 9

Because some people feel required to make freakishly long posts, I have to make another one just to make my two equal the length of his epics.

Honestly, what's your deal, man?

Anyways. I have a lot of time to think when I'm at work, and since yesterday was a bit slow, I had even more time to think.

So here's what I was thinking about: just who is my preferred bassist? I've already done this for guitar (Joe Satriani), so I might as well move to the next instrument. My big choices are: Stu Hamm, Victor Wooten, Adam Clayton, and, oh, Geddy Lee.

I think I can start my knocking Geddy and Adam out. Both are phenomenal players, and Adam has more...well, just look at the guy standing on stage, cigarette in mouth, a "yeah, I know I'm bad-ass" look on his face, and you get the idea.

But, I don't know if it's enough to put him over the top.

I've seen Mr. Wooten 4 times now, and Stu only on the Satch live DVD. I'd probably be more qualified to make a full decision if I'd seen Stu live, but I'll have to make do with what I've got.

And the winner is............

Ah crap, I can't decide. I thought I was going to say Stu, mostly because his style is more in line with what I play/listen to, but it's hard to just gloss over Vic.

So never mind. It's a hard decision, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Another hard choice would be having to choose between the Flecktones and the Mouth. Hopefully, I never have to make that choice.

I should point out that these aren't the only things I think about all day. I also think about other important thigns like: what pants should I wear tomorrow? Should I even wear pants? Do I need to wash my pants?

And: Did I leave the toaster plugged in?*


Well yeah. That got a bit weird. Right. I'm gonna go do some work, and then do some bowling.

Cheery bye,
Dave





*I actually don't use my toaster all that often.

No comments: