Monday, March 29

You know, when I was a kid, we didn't HAVE fast movies. Sometimes we had to wait 3 or 4 hours for something to happen.

I forgot to mention the other day some very good news: my lawn mower started!

Huzzah!

This means I can divert the annual mower repair funds towards something more important, like, say, Godzilla movies or something.

Also, before I return the book, I wanted to post something from Mississippi Solo by Eddy Harris that I quite liked:

"What a day! I take time out from the race to once more admire the day and beauty and the splendo of the river. I know now, if I didn't know it before, that there is a God. I've seen him all morning and heard Him. I know where He lives and have visited.

And just what if my imagination is toying with me again? What if God truly does NOT exist? What then?

Then so what! Isn't it enough to live as though He exists? Isn't it plenty to marvel at the creation, at the beauty, and to love the Creator? We can love so dearly a character in a novel or film even when we know for absolute certain that the character is a figment on some imagination. And yet he has the power to change us, to make us feel and think and desire. Why not God, then, who is He does or doesn't exist is still responsible for so much?"


Oh yeah, one more update: yay! She said yes.


back to the grind,
dave

No comments: