Saturday, March 13

I'm in a good way, on a bad day, thinkin' up a plan, a way to stay on top of it, nailin' it.

Ah, so Wednesday was March 11--3/11 day. And what does that mean?

How about 311 playing a 68 song set?

Very, very wow. I must say. Apparently, the show was recorded for a DVD. So hopefully, the "suits switching the emphasis from art to money" won't try and edit it down to one disc's worth of songs (i.e. the hits). If they do, they should pull a Flecktones, and have the full show for diehards, and a short version for casual fans. I mean, jeez, they played Use of Time, Eons, AND Sometimes Jacks Rule the Realm. What more could I want?

I will track down a recording, oh yes.

In other news, yesterday was a day, that's for sure. The first anything anyone said to me at work yesterday:

"Dave, can you take me to the hospital?"

Our other assistant graphic designer got to work, and her heart started hurting, pulse quickened, and then she started feeling dizzy, light headed, etc. So I drove her over to MO Baptist, and got her to the ER. Thankfully, there was nothing serious wrong (actually, the doctor couldn't find anything whatsoever). And she was fine when we left. Actually hung around at work for another couple hours. I got to spend some quality time in the waiting room. Kinda dull, really. No newspaper, magazines. Nothing to watch except for Today. People came in with various ailments, but nothing too serious.

Which means ER makes up a lot of stuff for the show, or we picked a bad time to come in terms of excitement.

Went out with some friends last night for dinner. It's terribly hard to eat out on Fridays during Lent, believe you me. 4 of us ended up ordering the same thing. Really, though, I think we all just want to be like Bobbie. There was the threat of dancing afterwards, but we were able to avoid that, which is good, because, frankly, I think I have the moves of a walrus.

I waited all day to finally type that line.

Although, and here's the odd thing, I put up such a fuss about not going dancing. However, when we do go, I usually get dragged out on the floor and end up having a pretty good time anyways. So I think my moaning and griping is more of a 'thing' I have now. Sort of like my refusal to actually go in Old Navy, even though I'll order stuff online.

You'll get that.

We ended up going to Dave and Buster's last night, which is always good fun. Lots of silly games with guns. So it's probably perpetuating the culture of violence or something, especially considering the large number of youngsters playing the games. So, I guess it boils down to parents or whoever having enough common sense to not be an idiot in real life.

And isn't that a good thing to keep in mind?

I actually have nothing to do today, so I'm gonna try to get my website finished. When it's online, I'll be sure to plug it very shamelessly.



If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy,
Dave

No comments: