Thursday, April 5

Celebrity Watch/ACPT 2

I saw Nelly at Strike 'n' Spare tonight.

Yep.



Just finished (well, almost) Patrick Merrell's puzzle, Faulty Keyboard. I thought it odd at first when I saw two U's back-to-back, but left them, since I had a hunch the theme was built around something sneaky like that. And once I saw it pop up again, I knew what was going on, thought the Elvis song itself didn't come to be at first, mostly because of one damn word--I had heron in instead of egret, and it threw off that entire chunk of the puzzle. Solutes was salines for God knows how long. I also had magna instead of summa, but once I got the theme, I was able to fix that and the SW corner fell quickly. The NW fell almost as fast once I got the long cuumuuluus clouuds, which is really hard to type.

NEVER heard of little Sambo. Had 'sits out' for awhile, which didn't help matters. I felt really bad about not getting Sunbeam sooner, considering how much I'm in the kitchen. But for the life of me, all I could think of was Kitchen Aid. Grr. And I used to have a Sunbeam mixer!

Randomly wrote 'In G' for Chopin's "Nocurne ___ Major," which had me stumped for "prepare for surgery." Scrug up doesn't make much sense. Bad idea, just sticking letters in like that.

Alas, I couldn't wrap up the puzzle. 49, 57, and 61-across never came to me, so I'll have to take a hit there. Everything else though, as far as I can tell, is correct, so that's good.

But it's bed time now, so I'll take on Puzzle 3 tomorrow. Apparently it's a toughie.



Dave

No comments: