Monday, December 18

Season's Spirit

So an interesting thing happened. I went to Target this evening to buy the few items I need to complete my (admittedly minimal) shopping for Christmas, and I found myself shirking at the idea of spending $15 on a picture frame. Now, I will admit I don't have tons of money to be spending on gifts, but it's not like I can't afford $15 a frame over 4-5 frames. And it made me mad, because I know mom and dad spend way more on me. And I know they don't mind, and they'd say something reassuring, but it's still...annoying. Like I'd rather have the money for me or something like that.

And that made slightly more sense before I tried to type it.

***************************************************************************************

Also interesting: after a little over 2 months since Janice and I parted ways, I'm in pretty good shape with everything. But for whatever reason, my mind keeps going back to one moment the night she came over. Right before she left, we just stood there for a couple minutes, hugging/crying, and I think there were a couple "let go, come back" moments. It seems an odd moment to be doing such a thing, but it was all I could think of.

Maybe a "if I don't let go, maybe she won't go," or something like that. I don't know. But it's still the only part of that night that still really gets to me.

****************************************************************************************

It is still more interesting what goes through one's mind over the course of trying to, for lack of a better word, woo someone onf the opposite-type gender. Lots of silly thoughts, and the creation of drama within one's mind that probably doesn't even exist. Plenty of "what ifs" and "should I's" and "shouldn't I's" and oboy is it ever fun!


Three totally unrelated points and I'm out.


Dave

No comments: