Monday, December 25

Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum

So another Christmas has come and gone. The theme this year was "Drive Everywhere in Missouri." And by everywhere, I don't exactly mean everywhere. But I did put 300 miles on my car the past 24 hrs., which has to count for something. From my house to grandma's to dad's to Curt's house in New Bloomfield to mom's back home. Whew. Thankfully it was 98% highway mileage, so it wasn't too bad.

This was the first time in 4 years we didn't go to visit grandpa's grave at Jefferson Barracks. Interesting.

I did, I think, come across an activity that can count as a Moore Family Tradition! Whenever we go visit the Moores (Curt, Nancy, and kids), the odds are good a fierce game of dominoes is going to break out. And I like it, because it's a little different. And at that table, we had grandma, Nancy, myself, Steve, Jake, and Sarah, which was quite the generational span. That was cool, two.

What wasn't cool was learning that, among my skills, dominoes is not one of them. Granted, not much skill is needed, but a player has very little control over most of the gameplay, so when the going is bad, there's not much to do. In Scrabble, I can usually make do with some bad tiles, but in dominoes, I'm just stuck. So grr. But it's still fun.

And overall, this was a good Christmas. I realized last night that I've never had a "best Christmas ever." I like them all. The food, family, gifts, etc. are always wonderful.

So I'm off aaaaaall week. Have I mentioned that?

Sweet.


Dave

No comments: