Sunday, April 18

Oooooooooooohhhhhh, there's: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.....

6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 wheels on a big rig!!!

Yeah, toast!

Sorry. I've been out in the sun a lot this weekend, so I think my brain is a bit fried. But it was a good weekend. Drove up to Kirksville on Friday for some time with Tom. I learned an important lesson: when driving in the direct sun, your arm WILL get sunburned if you keep it out the window for three plus hours. Also, your knee.

Really. I have no idea how it happened, but my left knee has a small patch of sunburndness.

Anywho. We saw the band Guster play on Friday night. They weren't too bad, but as a live act, they were pretty dull. Mostly, they just stood there and played. Ho-hum. They did, however, have an amazing drummer/percussionist who had some of the best rhythms I've ever heard. And, the music certainly wasn't bad. Definitely something I could listen to at work, in the car, etc. Just not my thing live. The opener, however, was a group called Ross Christopher, and they were exceptionally cool. The lead singer dude played an electric fiddle/violin sorta thing (I can't tell which is which), and there was just a lot of energy from the band. Plus, they played snippets of 'Voodoo Chile,' 'In the Hall of the Mountain King,' and a cover of 'Devil Went Down to Georgia,' with a snippet of 'Hoedown' thrown in for good measure.

87 points to each member of the band.

Otherwise, we didn't do too much of anything, which is always nice. There was some good jamming, an enjoyable game of catch, and an afternoon spent wandering around dowtown K-ville. It's about what you'd expect.

After the show Friday, we went with some of Tom's friends to a bar. I really don't see how anyone can go to a bar and expect to pick up a guy/girl. It's loud, and people aren't at their mentally sharpest, so any conversation is really pointless. Am I missing something? Let me know if I am.

I spent some quality time on the Chain of Rocks Bridge today shooting the Gateway Kite Club for the Journal. Lots and lots of fun. The wind was unbelievably strong, so there weren't too many people out. But that's okay. I improvised.

Oh yes, I like the idea of a "recommended" list on the sidebar. Greenight it. Go. Etc.

I really could go with a spring break. Anyone have some time off they don't want?


up in flames,
Dave

No comments: