Friday, April 23

daddy, daddy better go back again for it must be a mighty fine town-o, town-o, town-o.

Just a quick note: Nickel Creek puts on one helluva show. Extremely talented, and good fun to watch. After the ho-humness of last week's Guster performance, it was good to see some energy on stage. Highlights include: an uber-fun cover of Beck's "Where it's At," hearing some of my favorites, an amazing unplugged section at the end, with all four on stage playing into a single mic, and one majorly cool bass player.

How cool?

He played upright bass (mmmm), banjo, AND he did a bit of tapping/clogging on one song. Alas, his tapping surface wasn't miked too well, so it was hard to hear him at first. But all the same, very cool.

And yes, Kelly, they played 'This Side.' They also played 'The Fox,' 'Lighthouse's Tale,' and 'In the House of Tom Bombadil.' And that unplugged bit rocked-no amps or effects--just a mic and a really quiet audience (save for the annoying drunk girls in front of me who would not shut up).

87 points to Nickel Creek.

I'd like to mention that I finally got my kiester over to a certain website with certain characters doing certain amusing things.

It's sewiously funny. Why it took me so long, I'll never know.

"Obivous exits are: NORTH, SOUTH, and DENNIS."

How about Hector Luna's suicide squeeze in the top of the 12th inning last night, eh? I love that play...


I got two turntables and a microphone,
Dave

No comments: