Tuesday, January 9

Digging In

It's interesting what can happen after you're in a relationship long enough---you get used to a lot of things and you don't have to really worry about many of the general ins and outs of being with another person. But when you have to start over, all you knew gets thrown out the window, and you have to relearn a lot of what you started doing as second nature. And it's all silly stuff, too, like "how often do I call?" and "is it possible to sound like you're nagging about getting together after so long?"

Eventually, it all evens out, but it's weird having to do all that again. But I'd rather have to do this than not at all, if you catch my drift.

Kind of like getting back on a bike, which I did last night*. I got an itch to go riding, so I went out for awhile after dinner. I think it was the first time I'd been on a bike since July or something crazy like that. And it was pretty good. A little chilly, but nothing unbearable. I'm glad I stopped when I did, though, because as soon as I got off, my legs went all Jello on me. It was like being drunk, only I was out of breath and sweaty instead of completely disoriented and incoherent.

Godzillathon '07 is this Sunday. I don't know what amaze me more: that I've managed to do this 4 years in a row, or that I've got a group of people who keep coming back for them. Scary, really. I do enjoy them, though. Everyone seems to have a really good time, and we get to eat lots of pizza. Works for me. I even have somewhere between 2-4 new people coming this year, so I'm really excited. And watching the movies on TV now that I can get sound from grandma's old speakers should be even better.


It seems like it's Engagement Season** lately, as I've had 2 friends get engaged in the past two weeks, and a total of 4 in the past 3 months. Crazy! Mum tried setting me up with someone she works with who happened to be engaged ("Does she need a photographer?"-me), and Dave's brother just got engaged (being recommended as a photographer). Whew.

That's all, that's all.

Dave



*What a segue!

**Generally regarded as the gap between the end of the NFL regular season and the start of Spring Training^

^Only about a month!

No comments: