Tuesday, September 20

Tomorrow is a Long Time

With last week's birthday goings-on out of the way (note: five belly dancers are waaaay too much), I settled on the task of making the most of the money bestowed upon me by people who are probably too lazy to wrap anything. Slackers. Anyways, I headed over to Kohl's, home of the perpetual sale and picked up some new threads, including, but not limited to, new underwear. No, I don't expect anyone to care, but it's my post, so you have to take the good with the bad. I also got a new shirt, which I wore to work yesterday. No less than three people commented on it. Not "nice shirt, Dave" or "wow, Dave, that shirt makes you look 15% sexier than usual*." No, they just said "I see you're wearing a new shirt," or words to that effect. Apparently the old wardrobe is getting a bit stale. No one mentioned my new pants, though. Thankfully, no one mentioned the new undies. The new jacket was at home, so no comments were made.

I bought tickets for the Blues' home opener. Good times ahead. The Cardinals clinched a playoff spot against the Cubs. More good times ahead. Fall is (eventually) going to be here, and, well, you know.

Yesterday was Talk Like a Pirate Day, and I failed to say one pirate-y thing. I am sorry. As a cop-out, I offer this and hope it will make up for my laziness.

U2 kicked off leg 3 of their tour just for my birthday last week in Toronto. Night 4 was Saturday, and featured the return of "Discotheque" and the Pop Muzik intro from the Popmart tour, which, after hearing it again, cements it in my mind as one of the coolest intros for a concert I've seen. Looking back, that whole tour was probably one of the coolest tours ever, although it wasn't too big at the time on this side of the pond. Maybe bigger in Europe, but still not big enough to keep the band from ditching the experimental phase, Oh well. But I digress. At said show in Toronto, Mr. Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam joined the band on stage to sing some of "Old Man River." Bono then joined PJ on stage last night in Toronto to sing a bit on "Rockin' in the Free World." EV also added some lines from "Bad," "Yahweh," and "A Sort of Homecoming" during the show. I never thought I'd see those two bands join forces, even if they had toured together back on the Zoo TV tour. They just seemed too different: U2 is more of a "theatrical" type band with their shows, whereas PJ just goes on stage and rocks for a few hours. Getting them together is a very cool thing, and I'm curious to see if U2 takes anything from them (like shaking the set up, if just a bit). We shall see. The tour resumes tonight in the City of Big Shoulders. It makes me wonder why they had to wait until December to come here. It's not as if anyone's using Savvis at the moment.

And there you have it.


Ah-ha ha ha! You're deep-dish! Ah-ha ha! And you've got extra cheese! Ah-ha ha ha ha! Oh, pepperoni!
Dave


*Usual sexiness rating is somewhere bewteen 6 and 7, with 1 being Paul Reubens and 10 being Popmart-era "Mr." The Edge.

No comments: