Monday, September 12

for what it's worth

Special birthday greetings to Mr. Neil Peart* of everyone's favorite Canadian power trio, Rush, who turns something-odd years old today. Keep on rockin'.

Retroactive apologies to mum who had to wake up earlier than she'd planned 24 years ago.

On the one hand, 24 years seems like a hefty chunk of time. I mean, a person can get a lot done in that span, even if the first 6 to 10 years are mostly learning the ropes. Of course, you can also get a lot done over the course of a single weekend if you try hard enough, but I digress. So yeah, looking back, 24 years seems like a fairly long time. Hours and days may seem to fly by, but I think I can look back and say I've been around. That said, looking ahead**, I plan on living to 100, as I may have mentioned before. In regards to that, 24 years is just a drop in the bucket. Shoot, I'm not even 1/4 of the way there. So, assuming I get what I want in this case, I've got a looooong way to go. Of course, you can't always get what you want. But, if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.

I do hope that when I'm as old as Mick, Keith, and those other guys I know better than to parade around in leather pants and tight shirts. I don't even do that now, although I'd like to think I have pretty good reasons. I'm just not sure I could handle the constant wave of ladies throwing themselves at my feet everyday. I'd need a separate ring of bodyguard-types to keep me safe. I bet I'd even have to keep the dudes away from me to. They'd be all around me, asking for my secrets,and I'd be all like "back off, dudes," and then I'd, and um, and then....

Weddings!

I like 'em. Congrats to Kara and Karl, who got themselves all hitched up Saturday. All for Neil, I'm sure. Very fun wedding. Anyone who can work They Might Be Giants, Megadeth, and Outkast on the CD of music from the wedding is okay in my book. And lots of good pictures. I might have outshot my last wedding, but I haven't done a count yet, so I'm not sure.


Okay, I think I've rambled enough. Time to work.


I've been around
Dave





*That's Peert, not Pert,

** Dave's Book of Lame Poems: in stores September 2008

No comments: