Monday, October 4

Everyone needs to go insane, oh, about...NOW!!!

I feel sorta bad when I don't update this thing for a long stretch. Not quite as bad as, say, ignoring the cats, but you get the idea. I don't enjoy it.

Anyways..

Janice and I had the privilege of taking in an extremely talented muscial group this evening brought in to fire up the crowd at the Cardinals' playoff rally even more than they already were (and really, if a stirring speech by Dan Haren doesn't get your blood a-pumpin', you might as well just leave).

That's right, we saw Murphy Lee. They had a rap about..umm...Jose Oquendo.

Oh, and there was some other band there, too. Cowboy something or other. They were okay, and by "okay," I mean, "totally kicked all ass." Hmm. I don't give them enough credit, I think. How's this: they were the musical equivalent of Tony Womack, who, alas, was not at the pep rally. It never gets old, even after 14 shows. I think it's 14. I've lost track. The show was a bit shorter than I'd like, only about 70 minutes or so, but it was just as good as always. Not the best, of course, but no less than I've come to expect. Lots of fun, lots of yelling, lots of energy, and Fred going out and harassing the folks who won't stand (why wouldn't you stand?. Highlight of the evening was probably a rockin' version of 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame,' with a barrage of fireworks going off as the song ended. Uber-cool, and a fitting close to the whole affair. I talked with Fred a bit after the show (after he signed Janice's drumstick, of course), and the main point of our few words were basically: CM is better than the Who. Not to take anything away from the Who, of course, but given a choixe, I'll take the Mouth.

One other tidbit from our talk: Someone mentioned Fred introducing Griff from "Mexico, Missouri," and Janice said that's how it was back at RibFest. I said somthing to the effect that she'd paying attention (at the shows), to which Fred replied:

"She seems pretty smart. You'd better watch out."

Smart one, that Fred.

Special thanks to the Mouth for trekking up from Florida last night to play for us in Cardinals Nation, especially since they head back to Florida tomorrow. Extra special thanks to the guys and gal for putting aside any personal preferances team-wise and donning Cardinals' red (rumor has it Griff is a Dodger's fan).

Speaking of nutty touring schedules, check out Blue Oyster Cult's Spetember itinerary:

September 2004
date city venue notes

2 Bushkill, PA
3 Indianapolis, IN
4 Farmingville, NY
5 Concord, CA

10 Grand Junction, CO
11 Denver, CO
12 San Dimas, CA
17 Sherman, NY
18 Las Vegas, NV

23 Glenside, PA
24 Clifton Park, NY
25 Hampton Beach, NH
26 Sayreville, NJ

I love this time of year. The weather is fantastic, the views are getting better, and the playoffs are here. At noon:09 tomorrow. While I'm at work. In the bowels of HQ. No TV, no radio. Just Yahoo! sports. Gah! It's tense enough watching on TV, but now I have to hang on every 30-second update. Heaven help me.

And word has reached me Janice might be able to score tickets to the game on Thursday. Someone get me a sedative!

Stuff updates: new bathroom coming soon. My room has been moved from down to up after about 10-12 years down. It's nice, although I don't recommend moving heavy furniture alone, unless you're a.)stubborn or b.)stupid. Or, easier, a man. But, so my mom doesn't worry, I lifted with my knees, and I'm just fine. Finally got paid for soccer tounament (only took a month!). Also sold 12-string Ric. Play pics at DeSmet upcoming.

Wow, I might actually have a few bucks pretty soon. If not? Well, close but no doe.

Crap. Some of us need to go to bed so we don't oversleep again. Like me.


Hasta luego,
Dave

No comments: