Thursday, October 7

Get up baby, get up!

At the moment, the Cardinals are up 8-3 on the Dodgers, looking to go up 2-0 in their best of 5 series. Crazy game, and I'm almost glad we didn't go, as it might have been too much for me to take.

After giving up back-to-back dingers to tie the game in the 4th, Jason Marquis gets an out, walks a guy, and almost hits the pitcher, who was up bunting. Ick. Cal Eldred comes in, gets him, then proceeds to walk the bases loaded, and then go 3-0 on Steve Finley. Then he gets two strikes, and Finley finally flies out.

Gah!

That was tough at home (Janice's) to watch, and probably would have killed me had I been there.

But all this is filler, as I really want to do something I meant to do earlier, which is to post a few of my favorite moments from the Cardinals' season.

-mid May, a series in Houston. In the top of the 12th, Hector Luna drives in the
winning run with a suicide squeeze. Sweet.

-Jim Edmonds' amazing catch in Cincinatti to rob Adam Dunn of a home run.
Wow.

-Marlon Anderson's pinch-hit, 3-run homerun in that same game to put the Cards on
top. I'd written the game off as a loss.

-July 20. Chicago. Pujols. 3 homeruns. Holy crap.

-the back-to-back come from behind wins in the late innings against Oakland.

-Rick Ankiel. He's back!

I'm sure I could come up with more if I thought about it, but those will have to do.

Steve Kline has just ended the game for us. 8-3 Cardinals victory.

And that means I can stop typing. Great timing, eh?


that's a winner!
Dave

No comments: