Monday, October 18

No one ever talks to a horse, of course.

That is, unless, of course, the horse is Cassie.

The HB.

No, really, she's such a cupcake. Would Mr. Wall lie about such things?

Him? Never!

Um....I rode a horse this weekend. I think so, at least. I was on a horse, but the actual amount of "riding" was pretty limited. There was a lot of me telling Ranger to stop and holding on for dear life. But it was fun, and my butt doesn't hurt. My upper legs do, which means, apparently, I was doing it right. Go figure. Janice had it much easier, because jack has two speeds: "mosey" and "off." A good starter horse, if you will.

Personally, I'd like a shot at whatever horse was in Monte Walsh: The Last Cowboy starring that guy who sort of looks like Tom Selleck. I never thought I'd say (or write) this, but some Westerns are actually pretty good. Enjoyable, at least, and far better than....Matlock.

Weekend recap: cooked food.

Moving on.

I like waking up, looking at the clock, and realizing I still have another hour or so to sleep. I do not, however, like to be woken up at 4:I can't believe how early it is in the morning because of a damn storm. A doozy. A lot of fallderall, really, and it managed to creep me out. George was smart and hid downstairs, which is where I went when I realized I wasn't going to go back to sleep anytime soon, to make sure I wasn't going to need about 47 towels to clean up the mess from leaky basement.

Nary a drop.

Which is more than I can say for my *^&%! new faucet, which, no matter how hard I try to install properly, keeps dripping. As I told mum last night, it was one of those times I wished I was a person who cussed a lot. It might've helped. As is, I have to take it all apart (again) tonight and apply more plumber's putty to stop the dripping. I think.

Hey, could you get that? Thanks a lot.

Fun stuf coming up, check it out:

Oct. 24--Satch
Oct. 30--trip to mum's
Nov. 3--BOC
Nov. 22--HTDAAB
Dec. 14--LotR: RotK
Dec. 14--Steve's Play of the Funny Name
Dec. 16--CM x2

Alas, no 'Tones in there, which means no 'Tones until '06.

Sigh.

Again, weekend summary: charred mammal flesh. Tasty.



drip, drip, splash.
Dave

No comments: