Friday, October 15

Reports from the Home Front

I've found that the little things can end up being very cool sometimes. provided you know when to look. For example:

Driving to work, listening to U2's 'War,' listening to the song '40,' and then looking to your right just in time to see the sign that says your on Highway 40.


I like irony. It's the kind of thing that can often rely on a lot of little things to work out just so, which is why true irony is hard to come by. I don't count much of what Ms. Morrisette considers irony as true irony. I've been a victim of what I would consider true irony, but that's a long story. I was a victim again, though, this week. Case in point: Dave disconnects cable because it's too damn expensive. Dave calls dish people to come install a nice new dish at $20 less each month (yay!). Dave waits all day for dish guy to come. Dish guy arrives, tracks water in the house, checks the backyard, and tells Dave he can't get dish because there's no line of sight to the satellite. Sorry, sir. Dave still has no TV and must call cable people again so he can watch the rest of the playoffs.

Assuming Fox even shows our games, that is. I know we aren't Boston/New York, but come on! We're getting incredibly screwed over here. I mean, I'm glad we won last night (2-0!), but from what I've gathered, the only reason that game was played is because Fox didn't want anything competing with the Evil Empire/Red Sox game tonight in prime time. What if someone got hurt last night? Shoot, it was cold and wet enough, someone could get sick or something. If Carlos Beltran or Albert Pujols wake up today with some illness, I can't imagine either team being too happy with MLB and Fox.

Damn Yankees.

Interestingly, being at a playoff game is less stressful than listening on the radio. However, the elbow room is a lot tighter.

I don't think too many of you are going to be intrested in the rest of my week (ooo! his washer is whisper quiet now!), so I'm just gonna skip it and move on to wrapping this up.

Expect no updates for awhile. I'ma go visit the Walls this weekend with Tiger. God help us all.


And that hot girl? That'll be the Cheat.
Dave

No comments: