Thursday, May 6

Give me stitches now or never...

Thankfully, in this case, it's never.

And he just kept yelling, and screaming, and bleeding all over...

I was cutting some stuff today for a display, and proceeded to slice myself pretty good with the Exacto knife. A real gusher. Kinda proud of myself. Three bandaids to cover it up, even. Well, 5, if you count the first two I had to take off, because the blood kept soaking through. So I had to apply more pressure. But, before I had realized it, the blood that soaked through got on my hands, and then on to my pants and the desk next to me. Really, really, fun. So I was thinking of a couple things while I had the paper towel on my finger:

1.) I've got to be more careful. This is the second time in the past week I've done this.
2.) "Yay for Platelets" would be a good name for a band.

I've had worse. You liar!!! Come on, ya pansy!!!

It's terribly inconvenient, this cut. I mean, it's on the middle finger of my left hand, which means playing the guitar is going to be mighty tricky if I want to do anything other than chords. Typing is a bit trickier than usual.

Also, if I don't watch myself, I'm going to flip off a lot people.

But I must persevere! I have a guitar project to work on, and I can type pretty well without that finger. Maybe an open tuning would solve my problems.

Tomorrow is our big World's Fair commemmoration at work. Yours truly will be manning the photo booth, costumed out and everything. We'll be recreating the feel of 1904 as much as we can. You know, just like the digital pictures of 1904....

This weekend I'm going to Aunt Diane's. Huzzah! I haven't been up there since October, and I haven't seen her or Grandma since Christmas. Good times ahead. Plus, I should have my new lens to play with. Mmmm....19-35mm.

Next week is looking pretty good. I have some stuff to shoot at work, soccer returns after a week off, and I should get the bathroom all spruced up.

And it seems like I have something to do next Saturday, but for the life of me, I can't remember what.

Oh yeah, now I remember.

-insert smiley face here-


it's just a flesh wound,
Dave

No comments: