Monday, May 29

Show, Don't Tell

A few points worth mentioning:

-You know things are bad for GINO when the best they can find for him is a spot in a Doritos commercial.

-Speaking of, look for yours truly (maybe) in an upcomg podcast featuring Godzilla lore over at fanboysmackdown.com, hosted by one Anthony Kuenzel who may or may not be a friend of mine.

-Is it just me or does Juan Encarnacion look like Snoop Dogg minus the dreadlocks?

-I saw Over the Hedge last night. To my delight and surprise it was quite funny and really pretty good, especially for a Dreamworks film, which tend to mire themselves in pop culture references and seem to me more vehicles for the voice actors than anything else. This one felt more like a Pixar film, which is always good. The acting was good, the story enjoyable, and there was only one fart joke, but since it involved a skunk, all is forgiven. I think my only complaint lies with the film's marketing: for a movie that's more or less lampooning suburbia and its ins and outs, it feels off seeing the characters in spots for Wal-Mart and the like.

Picture time, I think. Two for you all today, dear reader(s). Actually, I have no clue how many people stop by here any more, save for mum and Steve. But that's as may be.



Shot this over at Shaw Garden when I visited there with mom a few weeks ago. I believe it's part of some glass sculpture show that's up this summer. It's nice and all, but the main display is in the climatron, which means you have to pay to go in when it's normally free. And, naturally, all the fun stuff is in the climatron. Oh well. I quite like the 'which way is up' feel the picture has.



Hey! It's me an Janice. Wait. No. Janice and I. I think. Well, whatever the gramatically correct way is, that's who's in the picture. Aren't we adorable? The ever-talented Kelly Sullivan shot this last summer at Forest Park. Nice job. I have no idea what we may have been discussing at the moment. Probably how silly my hair looks. Hers, naturally, looks just fine. I shan't go on too much, save to say that JannyMac is truly wonderful, and more than I could ever ask for. And for putting up with someone like me on a daily basis, she has my eternal thanks. So there you go.



Dave

No comments: