Tuesday, March 22

Monday morning, eighteen years of dawning, I say how long?

See, it's funny because this is clearly Tuesday. I just needed a U2 quote, and it was the last song I listened to.

Implied by the above, I was quite successful in acquiring tickets to the U2 show in December. It was about as tense as I've been in awhile, and I was just staring at a screen for 10 minutes watching a counter fluctuate. Two minutes! Score! Seven minutes?!? No!!! And so on and so forth. It all worked out, as these things tend to do. Would it have been the end of the world if no tickets were bought? No, not really, but it would have been a bit of a bummer. I suspect I would have got over it. But I am happy to be going, even if it is nine freaking months away. If we can get Cowboy Mouth here over the summer that may help, along with Steve Vai, Béla Fleck, Green Day, and...maybe the Moody Blues. I hope Riverport* has a good line-up this summer. So far all I've heard are Sammy Hagar and Motley Crüe (not together, mind you). Not too inspiring, even though I kinda like the Red Rocker. But I've seen him before, and while I had fun, it wasn't enough to make me want to go again. Where's Rush when I need them?

Went to mum's over the weekend. Always a good time, even if she and Mike opted for The Incredibles over Napoleon Dynamite. Not to say that The Incredibles is a bad movie. Far from it, actually. I just don't think they realized what they were missing. We went to the Wurst Fest in Hermann. Lots of sausage. Good sausage, at that. It's true what they say, you know: "sausages can be very seductive." No Knockwurst Knightmare Platter, though. Otherwise, all yumminess and general...all around German-ness. I approve. That night Janice and I stopped by a Chinese establishment for Chinese food. Like ice cream, donuts, and tater tots. Janice, of course, grabbed a few specifically so i could ask her to "Gimme some of your tots," which she did, bless her soul.

There was, of course, actual Chinese food. And we ate it. Some of us (Cindy) ate somewhere around 14 kilos of the stuff, but hey, to each their own. Buffets will do that to people, I guess.

Excited to see that another scramble is set for sometime in August.

Because I'm jealous of all school-types who get spring breaks this week, I took half of tomorrow, and then Thursday and Friday off. Lots planned: dinners with mom and dad, mass Thursday and Saturday, playing guitar for SMDP's Stations tomorrow, bowling, shopping, a trip to the gym, fun at the DMV, home repair, aaaaaand.....fruit.

Oh my, it must be lunch time.


dot dot dot
Dave





*I refuse to use the name "UMB Bank Pavillion." Not only is it redundant, it sounds really stupid. So there.

No comments: