Friday, September 17

Arrrrrrrrrrr....

I'll meet you up on the poop deck, you big....poop.

And then he let out a scream that be heard in Davey Jones' locker. And Mickey Dolenz's locker. And Peter Tork's. All the Monkees had lockers.

Arr, matey's.

And then I saw before me a fleet o' ships manned by the scurviest sea dogs this side of the Pacific. I had me left hand on the wheel, me right hand manning the sail, me left foot working the bilge pump, and mine eyes were stirring the galley stew.


Arr, it be National Talk Like a Pirate Day.






I also feel it worth mentioning that there's a hot new fragrance for men: Hummer. Yes, the fine people who bring Rhode Island on wheels now have a new scent, "masculine with rugged and adventerous attributes."

Hot.

I'm assuming it smells like a cross between sweat, leather, and diesel. That's pretty manly, eh? Personally, I'm not too excited over it, although the potential for other fragrances is pretty high. Couldn't you imagine the fervor if Toyota were to release a scent based on the Corolla? Or maybe a fragrance based on used cars: "rusty with old and smoky attributes."

Sign me up.


Arrrgh!
Dave

No comments: