Monday, June 21

All good things...

It's currently...8:17 a.m. on Monday, June 21.

I am now back at work after 10 wonderful days off. I'd like to have more time off, but any longer, and I may not have come back at all. So it was probably just long enough to recharge my cells.

Let's see...what did I do the last week and then some?

-went to Forest Park for ye olde Shakespeare/Juggling Jeff Festival
-saw Rush
-went to Aunt Diane's
-tortured some cats
-saw the Flecktones in Columbia
-finally got new contacts for my left eye (a big thing, really)
-got a haircut
-went to the baseball game
-had dinner at dad's

For being off, I sure kept pretty busy. And now I have to get psyched up for Tom's wedding this weekend. Crazy. I've been to weddings for a couple friends over the past two years, but this will be the first wedding for a close friend. Crap. We must be getting old or something.

Or more mature. Yeah, I like that better.

And in two or three weeks, I'll have been commander in chief of the house for a solid year. That's a scary thought. I haven't destroyed it, failed to pay a bill, or get evicted.

Yet.

It ain't easy, believe you me, but maybe, just maybe, I'm getting the hang of it.


And now, I'ma go back to work.

If I can remember how, that is.



YYZ,
Dave

No comments: