Thursday, March 29

Ah. Title! Subject!

I went to the batting cages last week to get in some swings before the Perfectos' first practice (for me, at least) this weekend. I've been swinging a whiffle bat for so long that a real bat, with actual weight to it, was quite a change of pace. So I went, and learned, that while I may be able to do a lot of stuff, hitting a baseball consistently is not one of them. Granted I was out of practice, but it was still pretty bad. I did, I should add, work on "keeping an eye on the ball," and it did help some. I think I just need more time to work on it. I even bought my own bat a couple days ago to take to the cages (and games, maybe), just so I'd have something I could consistently use and get a feel for.

On a somewhat less exciting note: yesterday's NYT puzzle featured a good theme that just happened to be the exact same style of theme (anagrams) that I used in the puzzle I made a few weeks ago. So I'll hold that one for a little while and keep working on my other two ideas, which are a bit less generic in their theme, and are less likely to be used by someone else. Hopefully. Still waiting for my ACPT puzzles to arrive. They were supposed to arrive this week, so anytime now would be good. The tourney is in NYC next year, so that oughta be fun. Start saving now, I guess.

Other thoughts:

-home opener is Sunday. Yay baseball!
-spring is here, which means the Bradford Pears are blooming, and that means my least favorite scent ever.
-Rush and the Moody Blues are coming to town this summer: yes, 2007 is the Old Guys of Rock Summer Tour
-PointFest features Wolfmother and the Killers this year. Sweet. The line-up also features 14 other national acts, and about as many local acts. Out of all those groups, I've heard of one of them. Is it worth sitting through a ton of people I don't know or, at this point, even care about, for two good bands? Hmm.
-getting ready to buy my fourth point/shoot digital camera. Wild, man.
-it was warm enough last weekend/this week to have the windows open, which I did. But I didn't want to turn on the AC, so the house got kinda warm for a period. The heat works as some kind of sedative, I think, because Sunday and Monday nights featured nothing but laying around by myself and the cats. Just.....sheer nothingness.

And now, work.


Dave

No comments: