Wednesday, April 12

Overkilroy Was Here

At this very moment, Danielle Steele has over sixty books with her name on it. That's 6-0. To put it in comparison, Harper Lee wrote 1.

Maybe not the best comparison, but still. And while I've never read a Steele book, Train Ma used to assure me that once you read one of her books, there's no need to read another one. Since I trust gram on that one (she was quite the reader), we can infer that if one Steele book is the same as another, that she's only truly written one real novel and has been rehashing the same drivel for God-knows how many years. And she still hasn't managed to reach (again, I'm assuming here0 the literary quality that Lee reached with To Kill a Mockingbird. Now, it could be argued that D.S. has never been trying to reach that level. And really, I have no trouble with light, easy reads. But come on. The gal puts out 4 books a year! Why not do one a year and throw some effort into the damn things?

There. Now I feel better. But I really have nothing else to say. So I'm going to start what I hope will be a regular thing. Since I can't get very wordy these days, but don't want to let this valuable web space go to waste, I'll be posting various pictures I shoot. And no, this isn't going to replace the much-maligned website, which I think I (really!) will be overhauling soon.

So, for starters, I offer you.....my foot.




Why are Chucks so darn photogenic?




Dave


p.s. Danielle Steele wrote another book while I made this post.

No comments: