Tuesday, August 2

Good friend Tom has this poster in his basement. I think it may be one of the collest posters around. I imagine the rest of the band would feature Peter on bass and Thomas on drums.

I confess to not knowing any of the other apostles off the top of my head at the moment, save for Judas, and would you really want a guy like that in your band? Especially in a crucial slot like the rhythm section.

What if you had to open for that band?

Speaking of bands, the next Band Scramble is August 27. You of the +21 crowd can come watch. I may have mentioned that a few posts ago, but I'm mentioning it again, since I've gone and signed up and the bands will be drawn this week. It's safe to say I'll be mentioning it again, so be prepared.

I don't really have much to say now, but I hate not posting, because it seems like a waste of valuable web space.

So why doesn't he go update his website?

Well, that would take more time than I care to use up right now. But update I shall, someday. Really.

And I could go on about sleeping in twice last week (8:38 and 8:18, thank you very much). or the ants in my kitchen last Wednesday (Operation: Kill the Six-Legged Bastards was a total success), or locking my keys in my car yesterday (but I got to work 10 minutes early, thank you), but anyone who needs to know alreayd knows. And, really, I just told you all anyways. Just not in great detail.

It is interesting though: I generally will not kill anything. I'll go out of my way to get a bug out of the kitchen and back outside. I don't run over already dead critters because it seems a bit of an, um, overkill. But those ants in my kitchen? Dead like no one's business. Sprayed like no tomorrow. Ex-ants, if you will. Something in me snapped, I guess. Maybe I don't take kindly to invasions. One or two, no problem, but this was an entire squadron.

Also interesting: I have no qualms about letting the cats do their thing with bugs. I guess it's "what they do," so it's fine. They get some exercise, too.

Also also interesting: I have no qualms about eating a cheeseburger or some chicken. I don't try to rationalize it. It's just how it is.

Speaking of cats...




That would be George. I apparently don't have a picture of Chip on my computer at work, so you all have to wait. For now, bask in the glory that is Morris redux.



What does a redneck man call a dead possum, lyin' in the middle of the road? Ba-ha-ha-haa! Probably sushi!
Dave

No comments: