Monday, July 18

Whatever happened to Gloomy Gus?

A few snippits from dreams I had last night:

--Apaprently, mum, Mike, Steve, and myself were all living in the same house. I think Mike was there. Hard to recall exactly. For some reason, we were letting a bird live in the house with us. For the dream, it was a canary, although it was far removed from the actual look of a canary. regardless, the bird turned out to be, um, evil, as it would utter menacing phrases in a deep voice, and it apparently was altering everyone in the house save for me. I noticed this when, for he second night in a row, everyone had taco meat with a side of Fritos for dinner. I opened the door, the bird flew out, and everyone was okay again.

--I was canoeing on a river, when, lo and behold, there's Alton Brown in a little motor boat just ahead of me! I keep following him and don't really look up much. When I do, I notice someone disappear just ahead of us. Whoops! That's Niagra Falls just ahead of us! Alton stops(!) just as he hits the egde, but I can't and go over, although I manage to steer myself (in the air) to one of the small pools just to the waterfall's left side. Then I'm sitting on a couch, trying to collect my thoughts, when AB comes walking through, and starts turning off lights or something, I guess he's getting ready to leave. I announce myself and explain what happened. Then he sits next to me (turns out he's a bit heavier in person) and we're talking about...stuff. Then we're in a truck, I think, and he's driving me home in the rain, and there's Anne from work in the truck with us, and I'm thinking that Janice is going to wonder why I haven't called, since it's going on 9:30.


So, yeah. Your guess is as good as mine on that stuff. Real post to follow later if I can tear myself away from Half-Blood Prince long enough.


It's raspberry,
Dave

No comments: