Tuesday, June 28

Comfortably Numb

Not sure how I've managed to not mention this yet, but I might as well before it's too late.

This weekend marks the return of one Bob Geldof to the Massive Concert for Chairty scene with the Live 8 shows. Since one show was too puny, I guess, Sir Bob plans on having eight shows (simultaneously, I think) around the world. Very cool, I think. U2 is going to be doing a set in London before heading to Vienna for their own show that night. Apparently, the ban will be coming out with Paul "Safe Superbowl" McCartney, dressed in the Sgt. Pepper outfits, and playing said song. Kinda silly, I think, but then again, this is the same band that spent over a year doing shows with a 40 ft. lemon/mirrorball, so who am I to argue?

But even cooler, I think, is that somehow, someway, Saint Bob mam=naged to get Roger Waters back with Pink Floyd to do a set later that day. I don't know what he did. or how he did it, but I'm glad he did. For anyone not in the know on all things Floyd, Waters left the band in 1984, and it wasn't a pleasant split. Much name-calling and general unpleasantness ensued. So I'm glad all differences have been put aside, for a day, at least, and we can hear The Floyd* together, if only for a little while.

There. Now I've posted and can make all of you stop scrolling down past that huge gap just to read the comments on that last post.


Dave









*Yep, it's so cool, I'm giving the band their "the" back, which they hadn't used since like, 1969 or something, I think.

No comments: