Monday, June 27

Life's Been Good

I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

Fantastic news arrived in my e-mail this afternoon, announcing that "Band Scramble Returns." I shall henceforth refer to it as "Son of Band Scramble," unless I forget and call it something else. But that's as may be. I've been itching to to get back on stage since the last Scramble. Time hasn't really let me pursue the open mic night approach, so this is good. Here's hoping my band does slightly better than last time out. And by that I mean "not last out of last." I sat down to watch the DVD of the last performance to get an idea of the drums for one of our songs I was trying to re-record. As I was watching, I was struck with how much our lead singer, um, wasn't really good. Or, to better state it, very unprepared. It wasn't the lyrics on paper that was it; at least two other singers had the lyrics scrawled down for ease of use. No, it was more of a sense that the lyrics were jotted down about 45 minutes before we started. Since the lyrics were iffy at best, he decided to make up for it by gadding about like Bono circa 1992. That worked for Zoo TV, but not quite in our setting. Sorta like Liberace singing with the three tenors, maybe. Or something. You get the idea.

I should mention I saw an SUV with the license plate "ZOO TV" last week on the way to bowling. It was far more exciting than my performance that night.

Back on task: Frederick's Music Lounge, August 27 will be the Son of Band Scramble. Woot. Assuming you're of the > 21 crowd, bring yourself, friends, enemies, and grandmothers for some kinda music.

I would also like to have a moment of silence for Kelly's car.







Yeah, that was a good moment.


I'm not feeling too inspired to write anything at the moment, so....I think I have to go...place.



Dave

No comments: