Friday, July 14

Put Down that Chainsaw and Listen to Me

Maybe this is just me, but do most graphic designer types out there come up with stuff by just fiddling around with various combinations of effects, filters, etc, until they find something that works? It seems to be my M.O.: throw in some colr, start distorting it, add some funky effects, change the opacity a bit, and maybe mess with layers until it looks right. For every 5 things I design, only one of them seems to have a set idea in mind when I start. It's the design equivalent of spacing out, so far as I can tell. And what's scary is that it usually works. The big drawback, I suppose, is that it's hard to recreate anything, since everything is pretty random in its creation. Oh well.

Aside: I'm listening to 'Everybody Have Fun Tonight' by Wang Chung, and during the middle break, there's some dude in the background going "Can you tell me what a Wang Chung is?" Funny.

I haven't been engaged a month yet, and the wedding is still waaaay off, but I feel like Janice and I have really got a lot done: we're darn close to having a reception site picked out, the photographer is locked in, the finances are pretty much planned out (who's paying for what), the guest list is in good shape, and for everything that isn't official, we at least know what we want. I'm sure it won't be this smooth all the way, but it's darn nice to have it going so well, since we'll run into stretches where we can't really do much. So it's good.

If you go to a baseball game, leave while the game is tied, and your team wins in the end, does it count as a personal victory or a tie?

Or does it even matter?

Hmm....



Dave

No comments: