Friday, August 18

Who'll Stop the Rain?

What is it about storms that makes people (read:me) do some pretty stupid things? To wit: back when Death Storm rolled through a month ago (a month already!), and we were taking refuge in the concourses of New Busch, the winds picked up something fierce, and managed to propel a mobile concession stand towards the crowd. It took 4 workers to stop the damn thing before it plowed into anyone. While Janice and Co. move back, I, like the goof I am, stand there, probably wanting to move closer, watching this thing. Janice had to come grab me and pull me back to prevent me from doing something insane. And as I type this, we have a nice little storm rolling through town. It's not quite Death Storm, but it's packing a punch. So what do I do during the thunder, lighting, rain, and wind? I go stand at the fron door with my nose up against the glass, trying to get a better look. Brilliant. Dad used to sit out on the porch in a lawn chair watching approaching storms. I always thought he was a bit nuts. Now look at me. Must be hereditary. Georger probably has the right idea: he goes and hides under the bed.

I can't believe it's been a month already since all that hoo-ha went down. Florissant just came by this week and grabbed the large pile of wooden debris on my front lawn (biggest on my street, baby!). I spent eight days at Janice's house, then came home for one night, then left for Ohio for six days, came home for two more nights, then house sat for dad while he went to Ohio. So I finally came home last week and didn't know what to do with myself. Well, not entirely true. I knew I had to clean the house. Three+ weeks with no vaccuuming makes for one big mess around here. But beyond that, total weirdness. In my own house!

Then there's the story of how Janice had to break into my house just to feed my cats. And how Stacey posed as Janice at a wedding show. And, of course, there's Grob. Or is it GROB? I'll be damned if I know, as my online searches have yielded naught for my efforts. And I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone in the car that the trip to Ohio was worth the 10 hour drive because we got to visit Tom Raper Country. Oh yes we did. I can sense the jealousness oozing out of everyone reading this now. And Delta Entertainment! Nameless Creek! Old Woman Creek! All this before we even got to Sandusky. Lord knows how we managed to contain our excitement. I think having a homeless guy in the car helped a lot. Even if we never did figure out what made that one guy get arrested.

The park? It's pretty cool. Some snazzy rides, and a nice park layout. Well, nice in that it was real easy to get real close to the rides, making for some nice pictures. I guess, upon further thought, that, apart from the placement of Mean Streak, everything else is pretty good, too. Pictures later, if I ever get around to sifting through the folder and picking out the good stuff.

For now, I'm gonna go paste my face up against a window and see what happens. Just don't tell Janice, alright?

Ride on.


Dave

No comments: